Chilly szn always calls for a big pot of Chili Mac & Cheese, am I right?!
Thanks to gardein new Plant-Based Beefless Chili with Beans, you can make this Chili Mac and Cheese in just under 20 minutes! Here’s how to make it:
• 12 oz uncooked elbow macaroni
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup finely diced white onion
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 (15-ounce) fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
• 1 (15-ounce) can Gardein Plant-Based Chili
• 1 teaspoon each: kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika
• 2 cups vegan cheddar-style shreds
• Minced red onion, fore serving
• Fresh minced parsley, for serving
1. Cook macaroni 2 to 3 minutes less than package directions state, until just under al dente. Before draining, reserve 1.5 cups of the starchy water. Drain, but do not rinse.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the white onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Reduce the heat to medium, pour in the fire roasted tomatoes and Gardein chili, and season with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika.
4. Cover and cook until the chili starts to break up and is heated all the way through, about 6 to 8 minutes, giving it a mix every couple minutes.
5. Reduce the heat to low. Stir in the al dente macaroni noodles, reserved pasta water and 1 cup of the cheese shreds, mixing to combine thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Top with the remaining cup of cheddar shreds and cover until the cheese melts, 2 to 4 minutes.
6. Serve with red onion and minced parsley, and enjoy!
If you give this a try, make sure to tag me and Gardein! Hope y’all are having a good Tuesday!